During the Stash Bash event, I went through a lot of my stuff, purging and cleaning, and throwing away.
When I got to my stash of pages in progress, I found a couple of layouts, I just didn't want to finish. I didn't have stories to go with them and the photos just were not important to warrant space in my albums. And I am afraid to say album space is soon to be a problem.
There were also a few things that had been hanging around forever. Things I always made the excuse that if it didn't make it on a layout, I could always use it to make a card...
Finally I decided I wasn't going to put those things away, lost in the abyss. I was going to use it or get rid of it.
Here is what I made.
The card bases of these cards come from Michaels. They have had boxes of plain card bases with envelopes for $5, which makes my cards making easy.
The first card, I had rubbed the a strip of happy off a rub-on sheet and had the left over sheet that you could still ready happy off of. Used this along with some leftovers from an SEI kit. Added a little stamping from a birthday set from Technique Tuesday and this one was done.
The next three cards were created using the parts from a layout. I had originally had pictures of the seals and sea lions from Sea World, but the page didn't really have a story and I didn't want to create a page for every animal that we saw that day. Used a Fiskars water edge punch for the first two and stamped with the same TT birthday stamp set. For the third seal layout I used some alpha stamps to create my sentiment.
The Bambi cards was from another layout I dismantled. I think it will make a cute baby card.
The ice cream cone card, was made from a shaker box sticker my mom had passed onto me. Made a quick and easy card.
The flower card was made from a punch out sheet. Something else that was passed onto me. With a button in the center, another quick and easy card.
The last card used a popsicle stick that has been in my stash since my very first scrapbook retreat in 2003! It had holes in the ends that I used to attach to the card with brads. I had some present die cuts I was also about to put in the donate pile that worked with the card. Again, easy.
So there you go. Cards made, and stash used up. Gotta love it!