Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Cards as Teacher Holiday Gifts

So my Project Life pages haven't been getting completed. I have been working on them, I promise, but I need a photo for the past two weeks from other people. As soon as they share, I will be able to share.

Since I haven't finished any PL layouts, I wanted something to share here, so I went in my stash to do some more busting. I found remnants from an old SEI kit in my stash that was a perfect card kit. It had a couple sheets of patterned paper, a sheet of sentiment rub-ons and some chip board pieces.

My daughter has 7 teachers this year and I have been trying to think of thoughtful gifts for each of them that won't rob the bank. I have decided to make sets of cards to give each of them, since I am in no shortage of card bases and matching envelopes (thanks mom!)

Here are the cards I made:



These card bases are from American Crafts. I found them on clearance at Target.


The first set of cards I made, I fussy cut out the flowers and attached a metal embellishment to it. After adding a strip of striped paper and the rub-on, this simple card was done. I used one of the cut embellishments to put on the envelope of the card.



This next card, I used a strip of the stripe paper and added some of the chipboard embellishments. The rub-on finished this one off. Two more cards were made similarly.


After using up all of the chipboard pieces, I used strips of the scraps I had left over with the rub-on to complete this card.



For this last card, I made pennants from scraps of paper and embellished the card with a few of the rub-ons as well as the sentiment. 



So there you are. A set of greeting cards to give as a gift.

What do you think? Is this a good gift for a teacher? 

One down, 6 more sets to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment