Friday, October 10, 2014

For All Seasons

I have completed yet another page in progress layout! Yippee!

I grabbed this one after finishing the same topic of my daughter the layout before.

Initially I had this layout in the "only need journaling" pile. When I looked at it again, after deciding what I was going to say, I thought it too flat and boring. I decided to embellish each of the blocks with 3D elements.


I started with inspiration from a layout from a magazine. I have to apologize that I am not giving credit to the original page, but it was so long ago, there is no telling which magazine it is from. 

I printed wallet sized photos and used a grid design. Most of the patterned paper were leftovers from a calendar class kit from Archivers. The others were remnants in my stash.


I have iris cases to organize my stash into seasons, for my themed products. I was able to shop my stash to find a Halloween sticker, ghost ribbon, and chipboard pumpkin, the turkey embellishment (repurposed from a gift tag), and the Jolee's Santa and sentiment.


On this page I found Jolee's snowflakes, a die cut border, and Jolee's patriotic sticker. The graduation cap, I stamped and added some rhinestone and pearl swirls. 

Added the journaling to the side with the date and this one is finished!

Love that I used up so much of my stash on this layout and didn't use anything "new" except for the card stock base. 
Love that I made this. No designed kit used. 
Love that it is done!

Thanks for looking!

Off to finish up more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment