Friday, September 30, 2016

Always Friends

Here is a layout that I created for Ali Edwards' Hello Story class. 


This layout has been in progress since the class went live the first time, so it has been YEARS! 

My first attempt at this layout, I printed the photos at 4x6, not taking notice of the fact that on Ali's layout the photos overlapped quite a bit. 

The second attempt, I got smaller photos printed and then I couldn't figure out how to include all of the journaling I had. Ali handwrote hers, but I had too much to say to do that. (No surprise there, right!)

This layout then made it back into the pages in progress pile, but at the top and got a bit of sun from the window it was next to. When I came back to it, the card stock had bleached out on one side of the layout and I had to purchase some new paper.


While taking Shimelle's class, The 20 project, she had a challenge to make a dent in the Project Life card collection--challenge #15. I then decided to use the same box of PL cards (Maggie Holmes mini kit) to add the journaling to this layout. I didn't make that big of a dent, however, only using 6 cards on a double page, but I had recently challenged myself to use up some cards on a layout of my daughter that you can see earlier on my blog.


In the end I am ecstatic at how well this came out!

I used some of Heidi Swapp's color magic stars and used some Tim Holtz distress ink, Old paper, maybe. Found some sequins from an old December Daily kit that the colors matched


I had some patterned paper from the same collection as the cards and used a strip at the bottom. I used some of Ali Edward's washi tape at the seam of the papers as well as at the top.


At the top corners, I added the same sequins as on the stars as well as some black confetti stars, also from an old December Daily kit.


Used a bit of Making Memories ribbon from my stash and stamped the year the photos were taken using the numbers on one of Ali Edward's December Daily stamps and called this one done. 

Only 3 or 4 years in the making! Thanks for looking! Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment