Tuesday, September 27, 2016

You & Me - Grandma

For this next layout, it also was inspired by two classes that I have taken. 

The first was from Stacy Julian's Inspired Scrapbooking class, a prompt about the people in your life inspired the journaling for this page. 

The second was from Shimelle's class, The 20 Project. I was for challenge #13, tell a story that doesn't match the pictures.

The pictures I chose were of my grandma. The first is her at my wedding and the second at a visit to her house with my daughter.


The journaling focuses on how my grandma and I are different and how we are the same. Then for fun I wrote some random facts about her that I want to remember. 

My grandma at recently passed away when I completed this journaling, so that may be why I felt I wanted to include so much of it on this layout.


I used a mix of Dear Lizzy and Maggie Holmes paper for this layout. The layout needed a bit of contrast from the background and the papers so I used a navy blue found in one of the patterns to add a bit of a border. 

The banner I created using an Ali Edwards/Technique Tuesday stamp set. The same Family Banners set I used in my sisters layout. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.


Used gold glitter Thickers as well as gold glitter tape from an old December Daily kit layered on some labels cut from one of the patterns of paper.


I used some October Afternoon Daily Flash alphas to created the subtitles. Then I pulled out my Ali Edwards Story Stamp, Old&New and stamped "the same" across the bottom.


Did a similar thing to the opposite page, stamping "different" from that same stamp set.



Found another story stamp, the "this and that" and created another banner for some repetition. 

Another layout done for multiple classes using those Story Stamps. Gotta love it!
Thanks for visiting! Hope to share more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment