Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sisters

I recently went to a day crop and got some pages done! There had been some journaling that I had completed a couple of years ago for my Inspired Scrapbooking class with Stacy Julian and finally got photos printed and the pages created.

Some of them, like this one, worked for Shimelle's class The 20 Project challenges.  I used challenge #4- Use those pristine stamps.


Recently I picked up the Dear Lizzy's Documentary paper pad from Michaels. The paper weight wasn't my favorite but it was super cheap, so I figured I would just back everything if I used it for a background. 

This layout is about my sister and I. We are two years apart, she is the older one. This documents our relationship.

So I managed to scrap some photos even older than my wedding :)


One of the patterns in this collection has a bunch of circles, I cut them out and used them across the two pages.

The pristine stamps were from Ali Edwards/Technique Tuesday. One set was called Family Banners. and the other Relatives Banners. Hadn't opened either set until this layout. 


Another set I used was Sentiment Label. It is the label that says Life in photos. It was perfect because it had the year I needed for this layout.


I added some dimensional adhesive on some of the circles and tucked the banners along the circles. I love how this turned out.


And while this was not intended to be a "timeline" layout, inspired by Ali Edwards Hello Story class, it could be one.


Lots to say on this page but it covers all the highlights for over 35 years. 

Grateful to have these stories and old photos documented!

No comments:

Post a Comment