Friday, September 2, 2016

Big Kid Now

I am back with another layout inspired from Shimelle's class, the 20 Project.

This is for challenge #9: to add texture with embossing folders.

Now I don't have a ton of embossing folders, but I have enough that I should think to use them on projects more than I do. 


I found the perfect sketch for this layout and challenge that you can find here at PageMaps. 


This sketch allowed me to use tiny amounts of this potty training paper that I purchase LONG ago. Figured it worked in small doses. It also allowed me to use my embossing folders on some of the smaller pieces and I love how it turned out! The chevron is from Amy Tangerine and the swiss dots, from Cuttlebug.


Used a few stamps from Ali Edwards' Story Stamps for a little added detail.


No surprise from me that I had too much to say in the amount of space that I had. I wish I would have had the font a bit bigger because it is a bit tiny, but hey, the story is told. You just may have to use a magnifying glass to read it :)



So with the exception of the potty paper, the rest of the supplies came from SEI. I used to receive their monthly kit and add-ons, and still have a ton of it left that needs to be used or purged. 

Used my tiny attacher to secure the ribbon.

I think I have learned a big lesson with Shimelle's class. With starting out with a timer and seeing what I could accomplish in 20 minutes in the beginning, I have learned that I don't need hours set aside to complete layouts. Most of the layouts that I have completed have been done in one or two nap times. I used to think I didn't have time to get anything done during my daughter's naps, but these challenges have taught me otherwise. 

Now for my least favorite part, putting all the pages away in albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment