Thursday, September 8, 2016

Suuuper Hero Fun

Back again with another layout for Shimelle's class, the 20 Project.

Challenge #11 was to use that kit you keep putting back on the shelf.

I will have to say, the kit I wound up using isn't one that I pulled out, ever. It is another one from SEI, but this kit was intended to be a mini album. It was an add-on, I would assume, and most of the papers were pre-cut, which limited the uses of them.


I used a sketch from Susan Stringfellow at Sketch Savvy that you can find here. It was perfect for the photos I had and the bits of paper I had to work with.

The background paper was something I picked up during a scrapbook store bus tour in Southern California. Again it is quite old, and there is no manufacture name on it. It is gold foiled lightning bolts and a little more busy than I am used to using especially with the other patterns I chose to use with it.  I trimmed it down a bit to back it on a black piece of card stock since it was quite flimsy. 


I my kit were rub-ons. Wasn't sure how they would transfer, or IF they would transfer so I used a sticker speech bubble to put it on to make sure. After transferring the title, I realized the bubble worked better upside-down, so I cut the piece off and moved it to the top. Added some red thickers that I altered a bit since I was out of Ns. 


Added a few card stock sticker tabs around the layout and journaled on a random PL type card that was an orange grid and ran it through my printer.


Found some blue and yellow chipboard stars that were the perfect colors from my stash, Making Memories, I think and added them to repeat the Thickers texture in the title.

Crazy thing about this kit, is that I still probably have enough to make a mini album with the pieces I have left over!

Still not too sure about how busy the layout is, but I think it is fun, so will go with it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment