Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Party at my Crib

For challenge #3 in Shimelle's Design Decisions Class, it was another sketch.

I really liked the sketch for this one, with the grid embellishments to the right of the photo.


This is another stash buster layout. This uses an old collection from SEI. I used to subscribe to their monthly kits, and I could never use them all up before the next arrived. They even went to every other month, which I think they still do, but I still couldn't keep up, which led me to stop subscribing. 

I don't think I will allow myself another kit club until I either purge all of the old kits that I have or use them up. So here's to using some up!


I always have a ton to say on my layouts, for better or worse, but that makes it a challenge when following a sketch, where it is going to go. I opted to use two of the squares on the grid to house them and then set off to embellish the rest. 

I knew I had a cute stamp from Stampin' Up! that would go well with the photos, but I wasn't sure that the style would work, but I went with it anyway and tucked one by the title and the other on another at the top of the layout.


The circle alphabet stickers came with the collection of SEI papers, but the alpha tiles are from Simple Stories.

I inked the edges of all of my papers with black Distress Ink to provide some contrast, and because Shimelle does. :)

Thanks for checking out my layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment