Monday, July 17, 2017

Exploring Santa Barbara Zoo

I have had a layout in my in-progress pile for a really long time. Two Peas inspired old. 

I had kitted a bunch of zoo supplies, for a photo collage I had created using a Kerri Bradford layered template. 

I had been inspired by Nichol Magouirk, a then Garden Girl at Two Peas in a Bucket.


For this layout I used a kit/collection from SEI. It came with a ton of specialty papers, die cuts, and sticker sheet. 

Because the die cuts were so cute, I decide to layer them together on the layout, then to balance them on the left, I cut the elephant from patterned paper and cut the giraffe of a journaling spot.

I opted for some circles to brake up all of the straight lines in the photo collages and the overall page design.


The striped strip down the middle of the page was one of the specialty papers. It had an epoxy shine to it on the colored bits. I cut a label in half and placed it on both ends of the strip of paper on the layout and added a brad in it, something Nichol would always do.


I used some Thickers from my stash for the title as well as some alpha tiles from Simple Stories.


On the photo collage, I used some zoo themed rub-ons from my stash, that to my luck still worked!

I used a flocked bracket die cut from the collection to frame in the photos and at the very end, decided to use the long label stickers to add my journaling. Just ran them through my printer and added them to the page with a bit of twine.


I hand cut the zoo out of some paper that had the epoxy shine to create the stripes for the title and added some fussy cut birds from one of the papers.

I repeated the same elements as the first page in the spread.


I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but there are flocked accents on the animal die cuts. The elephants ears, the spots on the kangaroo's back. The little roo was super cute as he came separate and tucked in the momma's pouch.


I added more journaling on a similar tag, mirroring the first page.

So happy to get this layout completed! I like how it turned out, but know that I may have done it a little different if I would have started more recently.

Glad to have this story told, and got the supplies back in my stash and out of this page kit.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment