Friday, July 21, 2017

Madeline's Baptism - Baby album

As I began to work down the list of baby album pages to complete, I started by figuring out which photos I was going to need to print. 

Since some of the pages for this album were predesigned kits, I knew I needed specific sizes and number of photos. 

I didn't have a predesigned kit for Maddie's baptism, so I began with a Scrapbook Generation sketch, from their travel sketch collection. 

Here is my page next to the sketch that I used.

 

Originally I was pulling supplies to kit this up for the crop that I attended, but to see if the products were going to work, I wound up having half of it put together and decided to just finish it at home.

I don't create a lot of two page layouts these days, unless there is a specific reason to, like I am scrap-lifting a page made in a class, or the number of photos I have to tell the story are just too many to fit on one layout. I created a handful of two pagers for this album, for consistency. I had already created some two page layouts for other events in this album.


This layout uses a Maggie Homes Bloom 12x12 paper pad. (One of the many that I snagged at Tuesday Morning.) 


With the Bloom papers, I found some baptism stickers in my stash that were leftover from the layout I did of my son's baptism. I found the stickers that were a good color match.

I also layered a doily from my stash to soften the look as well as help with any trapped space the sticker and title may have created.


I used some Thickers that I am loving right now and determined to use up. There aren't enough s stickers in this set, so I got creative cutting another letter to create a scripty looking s.

Madeline was made using some Basic Grey sticker set, that I am also loving.


I used some glitter paper that I had found in the Target Hot Spot. It is nice in that it doesn't shed any glitter.





I found the bird in a Maggie Holmes Confetti die cut pack and layered with a doily, and sticker tag with twine.


One of the tweaks I made to this sketch was to trade the 4x4 journaling block for a photo and the vertical 4x6 photo with a journaling block.

Printed journaling from my computer and cut into strips to adhere to the card.

Love how quickly this layout came together once the sketch and photos were chosen! 

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment