Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Special Bond

I have created today's layout that was inspired by the Story Stamps from Ali Edwards for the theme bond.

After watching the class content that comes with the stamps, I came up with four things I wanted to make layouts about.  I then went to my private blog and wrote the journaling for those layout ideas. The next step was to cull the photos for those pages, or take photos to go with the layout.

This page was one that I took the photos for this story. 


Next I went into my stash to make a "kit" of supplies for this page. I knew I was going to be attending a day crop and wanted to have some pages ready to go for this event.

When shopping my stash, I knew I wanted to use the green and yellow colors in her blanket. I found some papers from a American Crafts/Studio Calico line as well as some papers from SEI. I also found a journaling card that had plus sign pattern during my "Plus One" layout hunt. See the layout prior to this one.

I also wished for this layout I had a Cameo to cut one of the circle cut file background layers like this one. But I know I won't use a Cameo any more than the Cricut I already own, so I opted to use a JilliBean Soup Placemat that I had in my stash and cut sections of it to layer in the background. Don't look too close, where I cut isn't perfect :)


I layered pieces of the patterned paper behind the hexagons. The SEI papers are all specialty and have a bit of shimmer. The pink triangle paper is one from CTMH  Sugar Rush collection that my friend delivered to me at the crop. 

Stamped the title using Ali Edwards Story Stamps -Bond in Ali's black ink. I LOVE her inks! They cover so nicely. Can't wait for more colors!

I stamped "bond" on a piece of patterned paper and cut it out but stamped "special directly on the background. 

I also stamped a sentiment from the stamp set in one of the hexagons. It says "This bond is awesome"

I used some puffy sticker butterflies from SEI that coordinated with papers I had selected as well as some enamel dots and stars from my stash.

I sprinkled some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Seamist, I believe. This is a technique I definitely need to practice. I was glad it was a tone on tone attempt!



On the bottom of the page, I added another puffy butterfly and enamel dot and star, as well as stamped "<<the best>>" and "Love this special connection right here." The best was from the Story Stamp set for Little Things while the other was Bond.

Finally getting use out of my Story Stamp subscription! I have been a subscriber from the beginning. Since I was a StudioAE subscriber and loved the Hello Story class, I knew I would love the stamps and the class content. Life has just been in the way of sitting down and doing it. I have been using the stamps here or there, just not as intended to be a story spark.

Now I put on my priority list to sit and journal about these topics and hope to share many more layouts soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment