Tuesday, July 11, 2017

My 9-11 Story

The layout I have to share today is one that I have had the journaling done for some time, but struggled on how to get it on paper.

I was inspired to tell this story after listening to a Paperclipping Round Table podcast. After looking at the Ali Edwards Story Stamps for Tough, I knew I would use them for this.


Creating a layout for something like this is not easy. There aren't a lot of pages that aren't happy, I looked for them.  I knew I couldn't use bright and cheerful colors for this and knew my embellishment would wind up being minimal. 

My layout design was inspired by a layout that Glitter Girl did recently and had two columns of patterned paper. Crazy enough, one was rain drops. I found the rain cloud and rain drop paper in a 6x6 paper pad by Basic Grey and Kelly Purkey. I wanted the strips to be reminiscent of the two towers.

This also met the challenge for Shimelle's The 20 Project Class, Embrace white card stock, since I used white card stock as the base of this layout.

The photos I used were stock photos from the internet and had them printed at 2.5x 3.5.

The journaling, I knew was long and I wasn't sure where to put it, so I printed it on velum. 


Using the Tough Story Stamp set, I heat embossed this sentiment in white and embellished with an enamel dot as well as stamped directly on the background with another stamp. That one came from the Review Story Stamp.


I found a craft tag from my stash from Ormolu that had "story" cut already from it. I added some glitter Thickers as well as some white alphas from Basic Grey.


At the bottom of the layout I repeated the heat embossing with "remember" to ground the layout a bit.
Also stamped the months of the year on the side and circled Sep. Both stamps came from the Review Story Stamp set.

Glad to have this story told. Glad to share one that is tough to scrap to help others when they have a tough story to tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment