Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sweet Spot

For Shimelle's 20 Project, I completed another challenge, this time to use manual dies. What is funny, is that I think there were previous layouts that I had used more die cuts from my manual dies than this one, but I didn't want add any more for the sake of the challenge.

This layout was also inspired from journaling that I completed for another class, Stacy Julian's Inspired Scrapbooking from Big Picture for the topic of seasons.

So here is the layout I created for Shimelle's challenge #8.


For this layout I used Dear Lizzy paper, stickers, tags and Thickers. Not sure which collections, since I tend to mix them up. The vellum envelope is from Cosmo Cricket and the glitter heart stickers were leftovers from an Ali Edwards December Daily kit.


The photos, I had printed at Persnickety Prints as instagram prints, but trimmed the white border down a bit.


The manual dies I used were the pinked circles from Tim Holtz/Sizzix. I used the three sizes to create a triangle on the page. 


Used this sketch for layout inspiration.

I gravitated toward polka dot patterns of different sizes since it was about a "sweet spot."


I used a Balzer Designs stencil to create the arrows at the top and bottom of the page using gold Stickles.


I had a lot of journaling for this page, I briefly wrote a bit from it on the tag, and placed the rest of it in the vellum envelope. 

Another challenge complete, another story told. It's a great day! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment