Monday, April 16, 2018

Carving Pumpkins

This next layout I am sharing has been in the works for quite a while. It has been in sitting in my pages in progress pile for a few years now, begging to be finished. After completing my daughters first Halloween layout for her baby album, and I had all of my Halloween goodies out, I decided it was time to finish this one up.

Sad thing is the only thing that was missing was the journaling..... One of the reasons I now like to start with the story instead of the other way around.


This layout is quite photo heavy. I created a grid of photos on both sides of the layout to balance it out a bit and to separate the lighting difference in the two sets of photos.

The supplies I used were from Girls Paperie, which is no longer, but made lovely things. The only things that are not from them is the die cut pumpkins from Bella Blvd, I believe.


I rarely place anything over the middle seam of a two page layout, but this design needed to share the space of the title for it to work. 


Used a few enamel dots to help embellish the empty space left by the photos and embellishments. They make a nice subtle touch.

Love the circle crepe paper embellishments from this collection that came pre made!


Used some phrase stickers from the collection's sticker book that also had the alphas used in the title and date label used on this page.




A little close-up of the remaining journaling wraps up this layout.

So happy to get this story written, the layout completed and another page of the to-do list! 

Next project I have to share is not a layout, but also Halloween. Trying to bash that stash of mine! Sharing soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment