Thursday, April 5, 2018

Fun/ not fun

The layout I have to share with you is another inspired by a Story Stamp from Ali Edwards. The theme of this one is Fun.

The journaling for this was, well, fun! It was a neat way to list some things my daughter currently loves and on the flip side doesn't enjoy. She and her brother got a kick out of the "not fun" column. Recommend everyone to try this one!

I have been creating most of my pages with the stories first, especially with the story themes. I then select and order prints to go along and then put micro kits together of which supplies I intend to use.

Lately I have have been challenging myself to use up specific items in my stash so when I "kit" these layouts, I try to throw in some things I normally wouldn't reach for.

I have been receiving the SCT Sampler kits since they started. They are a super fun collection of the newest stuff out there. It gives me a taste of the latest and greatest without over buying and spending. I need more stuff in my stash like I need another hole in my head, so this seems to be curbing my need to buy, but I still get fun new stuff every month for a low cost.

One of the things I have challenged myself lately is to use these SCT Sampler kits up.  When I saw the Doodlebug papers from one of the kits, I new it they would be perfect for this "fun" layout. Loved the confetti paper the most. 

I found a great layout by Shimelle that used this layout design using 6x6 papers that I scrap lifted. 

I also purchased a class by Shimelle during a sale she had last year called Something from almost nothing and the first challenge was to use up some metal embellishments. I was totally unaware of how much metal I had in my stash. Sure there were the brads I haven't purged, but I found metal letters, metal rimmed tags, metal border strips, metal quotes,  metal frames, book plates, safety pins, paper clips and these metal rimmed epoxy circles seen below. It was fun to get some of these things out of my stash and onto a page. This challenge also got me a bit better acquainted with my stash.


I really enjoyed the bright color palate of this layout. I was able to find washi, brads and more to coordinate.



I tucked the little heart paper clip from the sampler on the second photo (more metal!) and layered a few pieces of washi tape. 


I stamped fun and not fun from Ali's Story Stamp set. Fussy cut the fun out and layered on a metal rimmed tag that has more washi layered over it.


More washi, more brads, more metal rimmed epoxy circle stickers.



Used a grid Project Life card to print my journaling on, used a border punch on one edge and segregated the "so fun" from the "no fun" halves with another piece of washi tape. 

The so fun and no fun circles were stamped using the story stamps as well and punched using a circle punch.

Used the Heidi Swapp date stamp for the date.

Hope this layout inspires you to make a so fun/no fun layout, or dive into your stash to use up some of those metal embellishments you have hiding in your stash. 

Thanks for checking it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment