Monday, April 2, 2018

Memories at the circle

I have been busy scrapbooking these days, even if my blog has been quite neglected of late. It took over two weeks to get enough natural sunlight to take photos of the pages I have completed to share with you. So rainy and cloudy! Better than the weather today.....snow, really?

I am a ticking time bomb as well. I am due to have baby #4 April 12, so I can go at any day now. Hoping sooner than later, because this baby is big and heavy!

Anyway, onto the layout I have to share today....

This story was inspired by Ali Edwards' story stamp subscription for the topic of lens. 


I was inspired by one of the layouts Ali created using the "through the lens I see" stamp to create the journaling.

I decided to create a photo collage template by Kerri Bradford to include many photos of the circle without being overwhelming. I left a couple of openings for embellishments this time.

The papers I used were from My Mind's Eye, Alphabet Soup and Lime Twist collections, from 2010 maybe.

I used a handful of stamps on this layout. Some from the Lens stamp set and a few others I had in my stash from Ali Edwards.

"Through the lens" on the arrow was on a set of circle stamps and I carefully masked the circle out of.

"Love this view" I gold heat embossed using a stamp from the Lens set. 

">> A beautiful view <<" that is stretched above the striped paper, was from another stamp set by Ali.


Here is the journaling. I cut my background white card stock 8.5 inches tall so that it would run through my printer. I measured the margins and indents so that the stamps would fit and everything would fit on my page. I then doctored the paper back together behind all of the patterned paper layers.

I used Ali Edwards' inks to stamp with and love how the colors matched the papers that I was using.


I have been receiving the SCT Magazine's SCT Sampler kit and the memories chipboard was the first piece from these kits that I have used. Loved that it was the same length as the journaling across my page.


Used some Amy Tangerine Thickers as well as some tiny alpha tiles from Basic Grey to finish off my title.


Used an Amy Tangerine tag from my stash which helped tie in the gold embossing from the top (Happy is gold foiled). Used this "around here stamp that is from Technique Tuesday.

Loved that Ali Edwards inspired me to write this story. Loved getting this story on a page! Loved getting some old and new supplies used. And I always love getting use out of my stamps!

Thanks for stopping by. Hoping to share as many of my completed layouts before I pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment