Thursday, April 26, 2018

Maddie's Favorite Things @ 6

This layout I have to share with you is quite the stash buster. After participating in Simple Scrappers The Great Stash Bash, it got me taking inventory of some of the dark corners of my stash and ask myself to use it or lose it.

To create this layout, I had my daughter pick out the papers from my stash. She chose some old SEI papers from a collection called Kitty's place. Some of the A side patterns were cat related, but the B sides were perfect. She also likes looking and playing with my washi tape, so she helped select a handful of those as well.


I have a box in my stash of tags of all shapes and sizes. That is where I found the many tags that I used to layer on this layout.


This butterfly die cut was found in a scrapbook magazine ad years ago. It has been sitting in my stash way too long. I thought the colors worked well with this collection as well as matching the butterfly motif, so I went with it.

The "favorite" puffy sticker is one from Elle's Studio as well as the puffy scallop sticker at the bottom of the square. The tile alpha was also from Elle's Studio.

Used some washi tape to ground the flowers a bit to to corner of the page. Felt like they were floating off without it.


Lots of texture and layers can be found in these tags I used under the photo. The red card stock tag left over from a kit from Just Kitting, a yellow ticket from a friend, and a fabric tag from another kit by PlaysWellWithPaper.com. Used some pink glitter tape and some fussy cut flowers and butterflies to complete the look. 

Used Heidi Swapp's roller date stamp to document the date. Love I can put a heart instead of a number for the day of the date.


For the journaling, I typed it up on my type writer and cut it into strips. Placed some flowers I fussy cut out in some of the open spaces.

In the corner, I used some of the washi tape my daughter had picked out along with a puffy scalloped sticker from Elle's Studio and more fussy cut flowers and butterflies.


This last corner on this page was embellished with similar tags and tickets as the other photo. Added a puffy heart sticker to match the title from Elle's Studio and added her age with an alpha/number sticker.

There you have it. Some papers and tags used up from my stash. 

Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment