Thursday, April 19, 2018

Halloween Home Decor Piece

Sharing, not a layout today, but a home decor piece I made after diving in my Halloween stash for some recent layouts.


I used two main components to create this piece. The chipboard letters came from an old SEI kit I have had in my stash. It is the same kit that I used to create my daughters Halloween layout for her baby album I posted last week.

I attended a Halloween crop back at Remember When... Scrapbooking in SoCal when I lived there and my friend that I attended with made Halloween goodie bag swaps and made an extra for me. In it was trims (the ribbon shown here), a rosette shown at the top, a die cut skeleton with brads hinging the bones together, as well as some buttons, and other goodies.

I decided to feature the skeleton on the letter B. I could curve his body to fit the shape. He looks so awesome!


For the O I used some green fuzzy fibers from my stash. (I knew there was a reason I was hanging on to that! :) and wrapped it around the O. I then fussy cut some pumpkins from an old paper pad I had gotten as a gift. Thought they were fun. 



The last O, I used a "doily" web that I had gotten on clearance from Michaels. I layered some dies from the SEI kit and a puffy sticker from that same collection and this one was done! 

Love how it turned out and can't wait to display it this next Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment