Monday, April 23, 2018

Disneyland Timeline

The layout I have to share today was inspired by Ali Edwards' Hello Story class. I was really inspired to make many layouts from this class so far, and still have a list of stories that I want to tell as well. For this layout, I used the timeline story structure, the first lesson. This will be my third timeline layout and another favorite!


For this layout, the idea was to document all of my trips to Disneyland while I lived in Los Angeles for two and a half years. I had nick named each trip, depending on what our focus was or who we went with. 

For each trip, I selected some images that I thought captured the trip the best and had them printed at 1.5 x 2 inches using a collage that puts 8 images on a 4x6 photo print. 

I then created a variety of sized circles using a 6x6 paper pad from American Crafts #summer collection.

The title was die cut using some of my super old Sizzix alpha die sets as well as some Simple Stories alpha tile stickers that I outlined with pen.


I placed a strip of thin washi down the middle of my layout and placed the trip name and date on coordinated paper as the circle it corresponded to.

I thought about using lines or strings to connect the two, but found it too messy and distracting to the layout.



I punched some Mickey shapes out of the papers as well and tucked them around the layout, embellishing with some enamel stars from my stash.



My journaling was added once I had an idea of where the circles were going. I trimmed the piece from the 12x12 ran it through the printer and hid the seams behind the circles, so you can never tell that I had to cut it.

Now I need to decide if this layout goes in my Disneyland album near the front, as a bit of a contents of sorts or my family album....

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment