Friday, May 26, 2017

Kickin' It


I am so excited to share a layout with you today! The first since December Daily!

Now I have to admit, this layout was finished back in November, but wanted to post this with the other projects I completed for Shimelle's Design Decisions class I started taking then. I actually posted a photo on Instagram as part of my 30 Days of Thankful.

After taking Shimelle's The 20 Project, and having such success from creating regularly from its' challenges, I decided to sign up for her next one--Design Decisions.

Back to the layout....

So the first challenge Shimelle shared in this class was a sketch challenge. I stuck pretty true to the sketch that she shared. 


Now when I created this layout, I had unearthed more photos from an event that I had scrapbooked for the 20 Project Class, a washi tape challenge.  That page is linked here. I decided to go with products that coordinated with it to create this one.

What is odd, is there is another challenge in this class to create a page associated with another, but not make into a 2 page spread--Challenge #10. This challenge also has a color combination challenge with it, but creating kits based on color, really isn't my thing. I would much rather stick to collections that are color coordinated already.


So that this layout coordinated with the other, I decided to make sure the washi tape carried over from the original. In the sketch, this block was patterned paper, but I essentially made my own. 



The papers and embellishments are from an old collection from Bella Blvd. I also used puffy sticker dots, the same as the previous page.

I hand wrote part of the title, pairing it with the alpha stickers that came with the collection.


Love using up the rest of this collection sitting in my stash, as well as the sketch, making it all pull together.


So there you have it. Challenge #1 and #10 completed for Shimelle's Design Decision Class. Will b sharing more from this class soon! 

Thanks for visiting!





No comments:

Post a Comment