Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Cinderella Castle/ Dream Come True


I am currently taking Shimelle's 20 Project Class. The premise of the class is that she put in 20 challenges to herself in a jar and she randomly pulls one that she will complete for the day. For day 2, the challenge was "change up the title technique".

I don't have any particular style of titles. I haven't been scrapbooking a ton, but in my December Daily, I did a lot of sticker letters. The other I have been doing lately has been Cut apart cards with titles on it. 

For this challenge, I chose to dust off my Cricut and cut a pre-made title, meaning a phrase all ready to go as apposed to cutting letters to spell something. I also used an Amy Tangerine stitching template to complete the title.

For this layout I found a really old small collection pack from Daisy D's. In it there were papers, (all super thin) tags and frames punch out die cuts. Since the paper was super thin, I backed it with a white piece of card stock that I had a bit of a frame show. 

Used this layout for inspiration.


So the title uses the Disney Cricut cartridge, Happily Ever After. It has been so long since I have used the machine to make any pages, it took a bit to remember what I needed to do to get it to cut what I wanted. 

I then added some 3D stickers from K&Co. I believe that I had originally had with my wedding stash, but happy to have them all used up! A bit of gold washi on the bottom of the tag, and it was ready to go.



Layered some paper, frames, a doily, and added a few stitches to tie the title in the rest of the page and called this page done.


While having my Cricut out, I found the "Dreams Come True" Disney cartridge and thought the phrase would be perfect for the other photo I had printed of the castle. I opted to create a companion page for the first layout with matching pieces.


Mimicking a lot of the other pages elements, the second page came together rather quickly.


Love how this page allowed me enough room to add the journaling. 

I used one of Shimelle's sketches for inspiration.


Really enjoying Shimelle's class, seeing that I have already made 3 pages! Hoping it inspires me to continue to create more pages a more regular pace. 

More pages from her challenges coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment