Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Soon to be a Big Brother

For Shimelle's 20 Project, challenge #3 was: "Do more with ink."

She shared a technique using Distress inks that I had never tried before, so it inspired me to try it. I stamped some Ali Edwards stamps and heat embossed in white. Then using a water brush, I painted the Distress ink color on. Loved the customizable embellishments with things I already have in my stash. Also loved that I was able to finally use this stamp set that had never been used before!


 I used this sketch as inspiration for the page design.

Papers are from SEI, back when I used to subscribe to their kits.

For this first area, I used all of the colors from the striped pattern and added my journaling. I also used another of Ali's Story Stamps for the "Right Now" at the top and in the pinked circle. The circle was die cut using a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die.


Used some dies in the kit as well as some puffy stickers from an old December Daily kit from Ali Edwards.



I had found an old journal entry from this time about Aaron and I with the baby on the way and rewrote it to include in a pocket behind the photo. Added a Tim Holtz tiny paper clip to show that it could come out. Used another Story Stamp from Ali to create the header of the journaling card.


Love how this layout turned out and that I was able to use a new technique, use an used stamp set, and get the story told while making it lovely! Proud of this one.

Thanks for looking. Hoping to share more layouts from Shimelle's challenges soon!

**After creating and posting this layout, challenge #7 was to scrap a portrait and landscape photo happily. I combed through my stash of printed photos and couldn't find another pair that fit the criteria. I figured this meets that challenge as well, just didn't know it yet :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment