Friday, August 19, 2016

December Daily 2015 - the end

There were a few Christmases that didn't happen within the 25 days of Christmas I wanted to include in my album this year. Christmas with my in-laws and Christmas with my dad. Sometimes these happen to fall in the album naturally, but this year, the schedules were a bit crazy, (Maddie having school until the 23 didn't help) so it was what it was.


Had the 26 wood veneer left over from Ali Edwards December Daily kit from 2014. Used the 25 on the day before, so had it pulled out for this layout.

Used an Ali Edwards stamp on the bottom of the page. Love when I find ways to include Ali's stamps that I seem to be collecting!


I was pleasantly surprised how far the stuff that I purchased from Simple Stories DIY Christmas collection went. I never felt like I didn't have enough pieces, especially like the journaling cards. There were never enough in Ali's kits to house my journaling for the album. I even had enough alpha stickers and things to spell out what I needed. AMAZING!


This is the last page and the last day in my album. Jan 3, 2016.


I made what I had left work, layering a number stamp shape with another die cut of the number. Used up some leftover die cuts and stickers and happy how it came out!



So there you have it, my December Daily album for 2015. I am not surprised that it took me 6 months to complete. With a new baby, I had to work on it when I could. The biggest obstacle was getting my photo order organized, uploaded and purchased.  Then it was play time, as napping and school schedules allowed. 

I am so happy to do this project. It is one of my favorites! Love to have these snippets of our holiday season!

Can't wait to see the Christmas collections, kits, and stamps that come out for 2016. Not sure what to do with all of the leftovers from this kit, whether to gift or save to see if it will coordinate with what I get new. Kind of sick of it though and may want to start fresh. We shall see. Already purchase the Tim Holtz pewter numbers when I saw them at JoAnns. 

Thank you for checking my album out. Hope you will visit again soon! Have some traditional layouts to share with you! Trying to get the stack of pages in progress to completion! Stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. Cute pages. They turned out really nice...I bet you are glad to finally have the album done :). I have already bought my stuff for Dec Daily 2016...last years Ali Edwards kit. I will probably be adding a few things to it, but I plan on VERY simple this year. Not to mention the kit was a steal.

    ReplyDelete