Thursday, August 18, 2016

December Daily 2015 - Day 23, 24 and 25


Today I am going to share Day 23, 24, and 25 of my 2015 December Daily album.


By this point in my album, I had begun to realize when sketching out my pages that my photos were heavily of my older two children. Even though, I did not print my photos but twice in the process of creating my album, once in late December and again well after the holidays, I had been sketching and planning the pages out and which photos and page protectors I would be using every day.

So most of the days were focused on the big kid's things, so with nothing really going on during Day 23, I decided to do a photo shoot of my daughter to celebrate her first Christmas. Kinda a big deal!


Got some use out of Ali Edwards' Story Stamps (from the Firsts set) yet again for this layout. 

Because of the metal rimmed tags that I used on the previous day, I found a few from my stash on the same sheet that I could adhere back to back on the opposite side of the shaker pocket. Sealed it with washi tape from my stash. (Too lazy to get out the Fuse tool again.)


Kept the first day for Day 24 pretty simple. 


For next layout includes one for Day 24 and the other the beginning of the 25. 


The Simple Stories Christmas wood veneers (wan't part of DIY Chrismas, but their other line for that year) had a deer head. I don't know about you but I never know what to do with deer heads.  In this photo, the kids were putting out their reindeer food, so I figured that it was the best place to get the silly thing used. Still torn if I like it there, but it is what it is.


Went through my stash of pieces in my Simple Stories DIY Christmas stash as well as any other previous December Daily kit pieces and found anything that said Dec 25 or Christmas day.

The 3x4 card that is layered on the 4x6 card that says Dec 25, was cut down from a larger size. It was meant to go with the banner kit that came in my SS DIY stuff. 


Day 25 got another layout. 


Love adding a before and after shot of the tree. It gives a snapshot of what the kids got for Christmas, what paper I used, and more little details that I couldn't capture otherwise.


For this layout, I actually fixed the group shot using PSE, using their guided edits. I was able to have the baby smiling and looking up in the best photo of the rest of the kids. Love that!

The 25 wood veneer is a left over from last year's December Daily kit from Ali Edwards.


There you have it. Last days of December captured. I am not done sharing yet though. I created a few more pages to include Christmas with my inlays and my dad. Will share the last pages with you tomorrow. Come back soon to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment