Thursday, August 4, 2016

December Daily 2015- Day 10 and 11

 Sharing some more from my December Daily today. 


Day 10 was quite simple, especially next to day 11. I focused on Madeline's advent set. 


For Day 11, I customized my pocket page with my Fuse tool. I didn't have any 6x8 pages left to use, but I did have a 2 4x6 page, so I created a 4x2 pocket and 4 2x2 square pockets in the top 4x6. For the bottom pocket, I created 4 2x2 square pockets and a 2x4 at the bottom.

This was the first time I had used the Fuse tool, (it was a Christmas gift from my mom), so I watched a few YouTube videos before I tried it on this project. I realized that I may want to purchase a 12 inch metal ruler, since the one that comes with the tool is about half of that. I struggled keep it straight and lined up along the 8 inch length of the page. I also had issues with the pockets fusing shut in a few places, and had to go over them a few times, but I am sure that it was more operator error that the tool.


The Fuse tool lends itself to confetti pockets, so I made three on this layout using die cuts from the Simple Stories DIY Christmas collection, and sequins, and beads from my stash. The black stars were from a previous Ali Edwards December Daily kit.


The hardest part about using the Fuse tool was having everything designed on the front as well as the back as I went. I sealed the bottom pockets and worked my way up the 4x6 pocket.


Here is the back of the pocket page along side of the next 6x8 layout, also for day 11.


I had to strategically place things on the back of the die cuts for them to work for this page. Some I left as is and added embellishments, others I backed with patterned paper.


For this layout I layered up some of the file tabbed die cuts with a doily. Embellished with other pieces from the SS DIY Christmas collection.


Thanks for visiting. 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment